Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Season

Whew! It's hard to believe it, but the holiday season is upon us! I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and a nice 4-day weekend. We have 4 weeks to go until Christmas break, and those weeks are going to be jam-packed!

We do have one week left of November, I will be using that time to finish up some Thanksgiving things and to finish our unit on "The past". Starting next week, we will be learning about Christmas Around the World, and that is always super fun!

Some holiday things to keep in mind:

1. Teddy Bears were sent home last week to decorate for our 2nd grade hallway. Have fun with this and encourage your child to use his/her imagination. Those can come back whenever you are finished with them, but for sure by December 3rd.

2. We are also in need of $2.50 for each child for a surprise project. If this money is hard for you to come by, please let me know.

3. In years past, I have always planned the Christmas party and then had parent helpers on the day of the party. I am not opposed to a committee of parents for planning of the party. If this is something that you think you might be interested in, please let me know. If I get a committee together, then we can work on meeting dates for the planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment